Thursday, October 29, 2009

If love is an ocean, then we are just the stream

It's hard to explain this feeling without using anecdotes. But I was feeling it for about a month or two, and they were probably signs that things weren't working out, but then again, I was probably refusing to believe it. It was the feeling of not being seen. Face to face I was there, but personally and emotionally, at times it felt like I was invisible. I tried to stand tall, but I was being overshadowed by others. I think one of the greatest things about being in a relationship is how the other person makes you feel. How sometimes you get that feeling that you're the only person in the world - I know it sounds corny, but it's the only way I could describe it. Having too much of that feeling is detrimental..you begin to loose your friends. With us, it felt like the world had a hole. People and distractions were seeping through day in, day out.. that the world became so crowded, priorities changed and I could no longer be seen. That's, how it felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment